Karim to represent Pakistan in Sochi Olympics
Posted on 2014-02-05 02:29:12
ISLAMABAD (APP): International skier Mohammad Karim will leave for Sochi, Russia on Wednesday to participate in 2014 Winter Olympics. The 22nd Winter Olympics are scheduled to take place from 7 to 23 February 2014,in Sochi, Russia, with some events held in the resort town of Krasnaya Polyana. Karim, who hails from Naltar, a village in Gilgit-Baltistan is the only player from Pakistan who will feature in giant Slalom event and the Ski Federation of Pakistan is pinning high hopes on him. “Karim is a great athlete and we think he has very solid medal chances during the Olympics,” Obaid-ur-Rehman Abbasi, the spokesman of Ski Federation of Pakistan told APP on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Karim told media that he had gone hard training and fitnesssessions to compete in Olympics. “I will try my best in the event. I request my countrymen to pray for my success,” he added. As many as 98 events in 15 winter sport disciplines will be held during the22-day Winter Games. Both the Olympics and 2014 Winter Paralympics are being organized by the Sochi Organizing Committee (SOC). The Sochi Olympics will be the first Olympics in the Russian Federation since the breakup of the USSR in 1991. The USSR was the host nation for the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow.
comments powered by Disqus
More Sports NEWS
- McDowell makes up ground
- Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Fulham
- Man U: We failed this season: Neville
- Hanif Mohammad hospitalized
- Fed Cup: Germany leads Australia 2-0
- Wawrinka beats Ferrer to reach final
- Why Barca should consider selling Messi
- Peter Moores: Lancashire coach handed England job
- Inter-University Cricket Championship begins
- Khyber Club, United club, Islam Bagh advance in Mardan Soccer