Water transport in rivers and canals are under-consideration
Posted on 2014-02-11 00:56:40
F.P. Report LAHORE: Provincial Minister for Irrigation, Mian Yawar Zaman has said that proposals for the establishment of Inland Water Transport Development Company for operating water transport in rivers and canals are under-consideration. The proposed company will supervise all the matters and issues in this regard. He said that on instructions of Chief Minister Punjab, work is being carried out expeditiously on the project of operating water transport for transportation of goods, travelling and tourism purposes. The eleven member committee set up by Chief Minister Punjab will review all aspects of the project.
He was presiding over a meeting of the committee at Irrigation Secretariat, here today. Secretary Irrigation Hassan Iqbal, Secretary Transport Shaukat Ali, Secretary Tourism, Managing Director Tourism Punjab, Chief Engineer Lahore and former Chairman Tasksforce on Maritime Industry Naeem Sarfaraz were present.
comments powered by Disqus
More Lahore NEWS
- JI urges govt to give serious consideration to Talibanâ€™s demands
- 5 nabbed with fake documents
- \'PPP to back PPO in Senate\'
- LNG import decision termed historic
- Six arrested for sectarian killings
- Solid vision vital for success
- Sadiq negates any tension between Govt, military
- Traffic wardens trained
- Rescue 1122 performance
- Youth murdered, slash into pieces for having alleged illicit relations with girl