Water transport in rivers and canals are under-consideration
Posted on 2014-02-11 00:56:40
F.P. Report LAHORE: Provincial Minister for Irrigation, Mian Yawar Zaman has said that proposals for the establishment of Inland Water Transport Development Company for operating water transport in rivers and canals are under-consideration. The proposed company will supervise all the matters and issues in this regard. He said that on instructions of Chief Minister Punjab, work is being carried out expeditiously on the project of operating water transport for transportation of goods, travelling and tourism purposes. The eleven member committee set up by Chief Minister Punjab will review all aspects of the project.
He was presiding over a meeting of the committee at Irrigation Secretariat, here today. Secretary Irrigation Hassan Iqbal, Secretary Transport Shaukat Ali, Secretary Tourism, Managing Director Tourism Punjab, Chief Engineer Lahore and former Chairman Tasksforce on Maritime Industry Naeem Sarfaraz were present.
comments powered by Disqus
More Lahore NEWS
- One dies in 563 road accidents
- CIA seize huge cache of arms
- PES provides service
- Separate influenza ward in GRH
- CM releases relief amount
- Man gunned down in katcheri
- Shahbas asks to send food hampers to Thar
- \'Job fair\' for Pakistani youth
- \"Empowerment of Home Based Workers\' programme launched
- Court rooms should be comfortable: CJ BHC