KABUL (Khaama Press): The Embassy of Afghanistan in Italy said in a statement that the identity of 32 Afghans had been confirmed as the victims of the Italian shipwreck.
According to the press released by the Embassy, out of 180 people on board, 67 bodies have been found so far.
The Afghan ambassador in Italy met with the representative of the Italian Ministry of Interior during his visit to the site of the accident and asked them to address the needs of the victims’ families.
The statement also said that the relatives of almost all the victims allowed the Italian authorities to bury the bodies in the cemetery in Crotone and other cemeteries in Italy.
Meanwhile, five Afghan citizens were transferred to Croton hospital for necessary treatment, and 72 others were sent to the immigration centre in the city.
According to the report, last Sunday, at least 80 Afghan migrants, including women and children, died in the shipwreck off the southern coast of Italy.
The boat carrying migrants from Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan collided with rocks during rough sea weather.