F.P. Report
KARACHI: The Sindh government has announced that educational institutions in the province will remain closed from March 2, 2020, to March 13, 2020.
Chief minister Sindh’s spokesperson confirmed that the decision had been taken during a meeting presided by the chief minister.
Pakistan reported four cases of the pandemic coronavirus this month which has killed an estimated 2,700 and affected 80,000 around the world.
A previous notification from the Government of Sindh had announced the closure of educational institutions from February 27, 2020, to March 2, 2020.
On Saturday, a second coronavirus case was reported in Karachi. The Sindh Health department had disclosed that the man had been quarantined and all those with whom he had physical contact, had been isolated as well.
Meanwhile, public and private schools will remain closed till March 15 in Balochistan. The provincial government had announced that the Matriculation Examination under Balochistan Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education had been postponed and the same will be reorganised at a later date.
Coronavirus affects four in Pakistan, confirms Dr Zafar Mirza
“We have received reports of two more positive cases of coronavirus, one has been reported in Sindh province, (the) other in federal areas,” Dr Zafar Mirza, Pakistan’s health minister, had said during a press conference on Saturday.
However, the health minister had assured people not to panic over the outbreak of the novel infection in Pakistan. He said that the two patients undergoing treatment were getting better and one of them will soon be discharged from the hospital.
The virus’s symptoms include coughing, fever and breathing difficulties. The coronavirus originated from Wuhan’s wet markets where animals and human beings come into close contact and has spread to 60 countries around the globe.
Jasim Al-Azzawi Over the past two years, Iran’s network of allies in the Middle East…
PARIS (AFP): French Prime Minister Francois Bayrou, who is fighting to keep his job in…
BEIRUT (AFP): Lebanon’s Speaker of Parliament Nabih Berri, an ally of the Iran-backed Hezbollah, called…
KHARTOUM (AFP): Shelling by Sudan’s Rapid Support Forces killed at least seven people and wounded…
Martin Weinstein In the last few weeks alone, I have come across two striking instances…
(Web Desk) : Actress Alizeh Shah has revealed that the harsh experiences in the showbiz…
This website uses cookies.