Posted on

ECP will hear eight district of Baluchistan complaints against delimitation 

F.P.Report

ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) will conduct hearing of eight district of Baluchistan against the complaints of delimitation.

The ECP will hear complaints pertaining to Quetta, Jhal Magsi, Panjgur, Kachi, Dera Murad Jamali and other districts.

Last week, the BHC had declared delimitation of constituencies in these districts null and void. ECP to challenge Lahore, Balochistan High Court’s verdicts in SC

The ECP, following announcement of the BHC verdict, had announced to challenge the decision in the Supreme Court of Pakistan.

“The matter has been fixed for hearing on 6th June, 2018 at 10am,” the ECP notification said, a copy of which has also been forwarded to complainants.

The ECP further requested the complainants to appear before it at the above-mentioned time and date for a decision on the matter.

 

 

Posted on

Australian Air Chief Marshal appreciate the sacrifices of Pak-Army

F.P. Report

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) Australia Air Chief Marshal Mark Binskin on Tuesday acknowledged and appreciated the efforts and sacrifices of Pakistan Army in war against terrorism, according to (ISPR).

The chief of Australian defence forces called on Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa during his visit to General Headquarters (GHQ), Rawalpindi on Tuesday, the ISPR said in a statement.

During the meeting, the two military commanders exchanged views on issues of mutual interest, including defence and security cooperation between both the countries and overall regional security situation, the statement added.

Later, the chief of Australian defence forces also called on Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Zubair Mehmood Hayat.

The two figures shared their views on defence and security cooperation, and regional security situation, the ISPR added.

Earlier on arrival at the GHQ, Air Chief Marshal Binskin laid a floral wreath at Yadgar-e-Shuhada.

A smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Army also presented Guard of Honour to the visiting dignitary.

 

 

 

Posted on

Mickey Arthur appreciate the performance of Shadab Khan

Monitoring Desk

LEEDS: Pakistan coach Mickey Arthur recently lost a bet to Shadab Khan and had to take the team out for a dinner.

Prior to the start of Pakistan’s tour of the United Kingdom, Arthur had challenged Shadab to improve his batting. Shadab, who is primarily known as a leg-spinner, had told Arthur that he would score three half-centuries in as many matches.

In the team’s opening Test against Ireland, Shadab scored a fifty and was seen pointing towards Arthur indicating that one was down.

He scored another half-century in the Lord’s Test against England and this time raised two fingers towards the coach.

The third half-century came in the Test against England in Leeds, and this time three fingers went up for the coach.

Arthur said he had to take the entire team out for a meal after losing the bet but was glad to see such a commitment from a young player. “He [Shadab] did what he said he would”.

The coach also praised the atmosphere in Pakistan’s dressing room, saying that each player was willing to help another.

 

 

 

Posted on

Fashion designer Kate Spade found dead at New York home: Police

Monitoring Desk

NEW YORK: Fashion designer Kate Spade, 55, was found dead in her New York City apartment on Tuesday morning in an apparent suicide, police said.

Spade hanged herself and was found by her housekeeper at her home on Park Avenue on Manhattan´s Upper East Side, the New York Daily News reported, citing unnamed police officials.

Spade was a co-founder of the designer label Kate Spade New York, which she later sold.

Spade was a former accessories editor at the now-closed Mademoiselle magazine before launching her design company, Kate Spade New York, in 1993. It began by selling handbags before expanding to include clothing, jewelry, bedding, legwear and fragrances.

Tapestry Inc, the handbag company formerly known as Coach, bought Kate Spade in May 2017 to tap millennials, who are drawn to the company quirky satchels and colorful tote bags.

The deal also turned Coach into a multibrand fashion house, a strategy that European counterparts such as Louis Vuitton have built their businesses on.

Kate Spade New York has over 140 retail stores across the United States and more than 175 shops internationally, according to the company´s website.

The New York Police Department confirmed the designer´s death under her birth name, Katherine Noel Brosnahan.

 

 

 

Posted on

Met Reham Khan before 2014 when she not married to Imran Khan: Shehbaz

F.P.Report

LAHORE: Former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif said that he met with former wife of Imran Khan in 2014 when she was not married to Imran Khan .

This he said in a press conference on Tuesday while briefing Journalists on the performance of Punjab government in last five years, adding that she met with Reham Khan in a TV interview.

When asked about the book of Reham Khan , the former CM Punjab not giving any comments on the autobiography of the former TV presenter.

Earlier in the day, former interior minister Ahsan Iqbal stated that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders were being “forcibly dragged” into Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan and his ex-wife Reham Khan’s “personal matter.”

Chaudhry accuses Reham Khan of meeting Maryam Nawaz

“This is a personal matter, what do we have to do with it,” Iqbal said while speaking to mediamen outside the Lahore High Court, regarding Reham’s upcoming book.

“It is an issue concerning a former couple and we are being forcibly dragged into it,” the PML-N leader said, in response to PTI’s allegations of being behind the book, which reportedly tells all about her marriage to Imran.

Responding to a question, Iqbal said, “I have never met Reham.”

PTI leader Fawad Chaudhry had earlier alleged that Reham called on Maryam Nawaz, and that the meeting was arranged by the former interior minister.

Chaudhry had said that everything had been revealed as to who did Reham meet, when and where, and through whom, saying that they had “solid evidence” to back their claims.

The PTI spokesman had also said that “the whole book [written by Reham] is an exercise to demolish only real opposition.”

 

 

 

Posted on

MMA present 12 point manifesto for general election 2018

F.P.Report

KARACHI: The revival of religious parties’ alliance Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) on Tuesday announces its 12 point manifesto for the upcoming general election in the country.

Addressing a press conference, the MMA leader Maulana Fazlur Rehman said that for the upcoming general election 2018 the MMA manifesto for first agenda is the  implementation of Nizam-e-Mustafa (PBUH), safeguarding all Islamic provisions in the constitution, empowered parliament, ensuring free and fair judiciary and devolution of power.

“A dignified and independent foreign policy will be ensured in the country if the people of Pakistan choose MMA in coming polls,” Rehman added, “new provinces should not be made on ethnic and linguistic basis but the alliance won’t oppose any movement calling for new provinces.”

The MMA leader said that education, provision of employment and abolition of unnecessary direct and indirect taxes, and subsidy on necessity items have been prioritised by the alliance.

Rehman said that the religious alliance would ensure construction of new dams, effective mechanism for generation and distribution of power and will make a concrete strategy to counter India’s aggression over water supply to Pakistan.

“We stand for giving employment opportunities to the native population in CPEC projects and for farmer-friendly policies,” he said.

Responding to a question over the ongoing case in the Supreme Court on his security protocol, Rehman challenged Chief Justice of Pakistan to swap his security protocol with him.

“My differences with Imran Khan are ideological, not personal,” Rehman said.

 

 

 

Posted on

The number of dead bodies rises in Guatemala volcano as more bodies recovered

Monitoring Desk

ALOTENANGO: Rescue workers pulled more bodies Monday from under the dust and rubble left by an explosive eruption of Guatemala’s Fuego volcano, bringing the death toll to at least 69.

In addition, there are 46 people injured, most of them seriously, more than 1.7 million being hit by the disaster, including 3,271 ordered evacuated and 1,787 in shelters in the departments of Escuintla, Sacatepequez, and Chimaltenango since Sunday’s eruption.

The 3,763-meter (12,346-foot) volcano erupted early Sunday, spewing out towering plumes of ash and a hail of fiery rock fragments with scalding mud.

Authorities had warned the death toll could rise after searches resumed for survivors in communities on the mountain’s southern flank.

After an initial toll of 25 dead, it was revised upwards within hours as bodies were recovered from villages razed by the tumbling mud.

“There are missing persons, but we do not know how many,” said Sergio Cabanas of Guatemala’s disaster management agency. A roll call of communities on the slopes of the volcano was under way.

The speed and ferocity of the eruption took mountain communities by surprise, with many of the dead found in or around their homes.

Cabanas said those who were killed had been overrun by fast-moving burning material discharged by the volcano Sunday. Communities located on its southern slope were the worst hit. Several of the dead were children.

 

 

 

Posted on

Spain’s former PM Mariano Rajoy to stand down as leader of the people’s party

Monitoring Desk

MADRID: Spain’s former Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said on Tuesday he would stand down as leader of the People’s Party (PP) after his party was ousted from government in a no-confidence vote from Socialist leader Pedro Sanchez.

“It’s best for me, best for the party and best for Spain,” Rajoy said to a standing ovation from party members.

The Socialists replaced the PP as the country’s leaders on Friday after parliament passed a no-confidence motion against Rajoy over a slew of corruption cases.

Posted on

Migrants ship sink, 60 dead and hundreds missing

Monitoring Desk

TUNIS/GENEVA: The death toll from a ship packed with migrants that sank off Tunisia on Sunday has risen to at least 60, the United Nations migration agency said.

The overloaded boat went down near the southern island of Kerkenna. At least 100 people were killed or are missing, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said.

“Among the 60 victims transferred to the forensic department at Habib Bourguiba hospital in Sfax, 48 are Tunisians … 12 are non-Tunisian, the identifications are in progress,” Lorena Lando, chief of mission of the IOM in Tunisia said in a statement late on Monday.

Human traffickers increasingly use Tunisia as a launch pad for migrants heading to Europe as Libya’s coastguard, aided by armed groups, has tightened controls.

Tunisian authorities, which on Sunday said they had recovered 48 bodies, provided no new figures, but said the coast guard was still searching for dozens of missing migrants.

The IOM said 68 had been rescued – 60 Tunisians, two Moroccans, one Libyan, one Malian, one Cameroonian national and three Ivorians.

The IOM said 1,910 Tunisian migrants reached Italy between Jan. 1 and April 30, including 39 women and 307 minors, 293 of whom were unaccompanied.

Security officials said the boat was packed with about 180 migrants, including 80 from other countries in Africa.

Survivors said the captain had abandoned the boat after it started sinking to escape arrest by the coastguard.

Unemployed Tunisians and other Africans have often tried to cross in makeshift boats from Tunisia to Sicily in southern Italy. The North African country’s economy is in crisis since the toppling of autocrat Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali in 2011 threw Tunisia into turmoil with unemployment and inflation soaring.

On Monday, Italy’s new Interior Minister Matteo Salvini said Italy will no longer be “Europe’s refugee camp”, as he promised tough action to reduce migrant arrivals and send back those who had arrived.

Posted on

Caretaker PM directed the officials to end long power load shedding in the country

F.P. Report

ISLAMABAD: Caretaker Prime Minister Justice (retd) Nasir-ul-Mulk on Tuesday took notice of the long hour’s load shedding in the country and directed the high officials to improve the power system in the country.

This he said while chairing a meeting of the power sector at the PM Office at Islamabad here on Tuesday. The caretaker PM was chairing a meeting of the power sector at the Prime Minister’s Office.

During the meeting, he directed Ministry of Power to take steps to overcome power sector losses and improve efficiency and sustainability of the system.

The briefing was attended by secretary of Power Division, MD of PEPCO, Managing Director of NTDC and other senior officials.

On administrative and technical issues resulting in high system losses and power theft, the prime minister expressed concern over the huge losses in various DISCOs and directed power ministry to immediately start taking steps for the curtailment of those losses.

He said every effort would be made by the federal government to get the required administrative support from the provincial governments towards addressing enforcement issues in the power sector.

He observed that a comprehensive plan should be prepared which would help the next elected government in further improving efficiency and sustainability of the sector.

The secretary of Power Division briefed the prime minister about overall outlook of the power sector including generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in the country.

The prime minister was also briefed about the current as well as anticipated power demand and supply situation.

He was informed that as compared to 18,753 MW in 2013, the current available generation capacity stood at 28,704 MW.

Due to weather conditions and the resultant reduced water supply, the hydel generation in May 2018 remained at 3,090 MW as compared to 6,333 MW in 2015. Every effort is being made to ensure strict implementation of the load management plan, which was approved by the cabinet for the month of Ramadan.