MUMBAI: Irrfan Khan recently shared the news that he was suffering from a rare disease called Neuro Endocrine Tumor which is why he left the country for further treatment. He is reportedly battling the tumour in Europe. Now, his close friend Shoojit Sircar has revealed that Irrfan Khan has been responding well to the treatment and he wants to work on a film with him which will go on floors by the end of this year.
In an interview, Shoojit Sircar spoke about the same. He said, ““I’ve been speaking to both Irrfan and his wife (Sutapa Sikdar), he’s responding well to the treatment and trying to cope with the knowledge that he’s battling NeuroEndocrine tumour by treating the recuperation in Europe like a short and unexpected holiday. I’m planning to visit him next month. We hope to roll by the year-end, but will wait till Irrfan is ready to shoot. He’s one of our finest actors and a dear friend”.
Talking about his next film, Shoojit Sircar said, “In 1995, during my theatre days in Delhi, I would go with a group to Punjab which was just coming out of a period of turmoil, and sing songs on communal harmony. I visited Amritsar and Jallianwala Bagh then and was greatly inspired by the story of this fiery revolutionary who shot dead Sir Michael O’Dwyer, the Lieutenant Governor of Punjab in British India, in London to avenge the massacre of 1919.”
He added, “To relive Udham’s journey, I need a performance with finesse and depth which Irrfan is capable of. Also, he’s the only international actor we have today and I discovered to my delight that independently he knows a lot about the history of Punjab. It’s easy working with an actor who’s interested and involved,”
Shoojit has also worked previously with Irrfan in Piku, which went on to have great run. So, it’ll be safe to expect another brilliant collaboration between the director and Irrfan.
MUMBAI: Despite just being 17 months old, Taimur Ali Khan is one of the most popular names in the country. He is clicked wherever he goes, his presence is always there on our social media feeds and he even has fan clubs dedicated to him on social media.
In an interview with a leading news channel, Saif Ali Khan said, “Somedays he looks like Kareena, somedays he looks like me. He looks like a Chinese version of her. Let’s say Mongol.”
In an interview a while ago, when Kareena was asked who does he resemble, she said, “Every month (with Taimur) is going to be different. I think he is a perfect mix of Saif and me, more so like me, of a Kapoor, I think so. I think he looks exactly like my dad, because I think I look like my dad. He is more like my dad.”
Recently, during the the promotion of Veere Di Wedding at a radio network, Kareena stated that she now felt Taimur resembles his father, Saif Ali Khan. She said, “I think Taimur looks like his father. He is looking more and more like his father now. His eyes look like a Japanese samurai.”
Both of Taimur’s parents have spoken against the unnecessary media attention that their child has been receiving. Kareena spoke about the same recently, during an interview with a leading daily. She said, “We just want him to lead as normal a life as possible. That’s the most important thing for him. I’d like the paparazzi to not shoot pictures of him at every moment. I don’t want his life to be documented. He is only 17 months old, once or twice is enough, but not the constant badgering.”
DHAKA: Bollywood actress and UNICEF goodwill ambassador Priyanka Chopra called on the international community on Thursday to step up support for Rohingya women and children who fled to Bangladesh from a military crackdown in Myanmar.
A military response to insurgent attacks on police posts and an army base in northern Rakhine state last August pushed almost 700,000 Rohingya Muslims across the border to Bangladesh, many accusing security forces of killings, rape and arson.
“Every child deserves a future, an opportunity to contribute to humanity,” Chopra told a news conference in Dhaka after a four-day visit to Rohingya refugee camps at Cox’s Bazar on the southern tip of Bangladesh.
“Refugee children are the world’s responsibility because they don’t have anywhere to go. They don’t have anything they can call their own,” she said.
The United Nations has described the military crackdown as “ethnic cleansing,” which Myanmar has denied, saying its security forces were conducting a legitimate counter-insurgency operation against “terrorists.”
Chopra urged the international community to tackle the issue of Rohingya children living without basic rights to food, clean water, shelter, proper sanitation and education.
“There’s so much more to be done. They need your money, time, compassion,” she said.
In March the United Nations launched an appeal for $951 million to help the Rohingya refugees for the rest of the year, but it remains less than 20 percent funded. (Reuters)
NEW YORK: Former Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein has been charged in New York with rape and several counts of sexual abuse stemming from two separate accusers.
Dozens of women have made allegations against the 66 year old, including rape and sexual assault, and giving rise to the #MeToo movement.
Mr Weinstein has denied committing any non-consensual sex acts. He is now out on bail, wearing a monitoring device.
A statement from the New York Police Department said Mr Weinstein “was arrested, processed and charged with rape, criminal sex act, sex abuse and sexual misconduct for incidents involving two separate women”.
He arrived at the police station in lower Manhattan at 07:30 (12:30 BST) on Friday, carrying three books. After having his mugshot and fingerprints taken, he was led out in handcuffs and taken to court.
During a brief court appearance, during which Mr Weinstein did not speak, prosecutor Joan Illuzzi said the former mogul had “used his position, money and power to lure young women into situations where he was able to violate them sexually”.
Mr Weinstein was released on a $1m bail bond. His lawyer Ben Brafman told reporters outside the court that the disgraced mogul would enter a not guilty plea.
“We intend to move very quickly to dismiss these charges,” Mr Brafman said. “We believe that they are constitutionally flawed. We believe that they are not factually supported by the evidence.”
MUMBAI: Ranbir Kapoor is all set to take the nation by storm with his performance in Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanju. Sanjay Dutt’s biopic has already garnered a lot of attention after Ranbir’s looks leaked online before the release of the teaser.
The uncanny resemblance of the actor with Sanjay Dutt sparked a kind of buzz that hasn’t been generated in Bollywood for a while. After the release of the teaser, everyone is eagerly waiting for the trailer of the film. It has now been confirmed that the trailer of Sanju will be out on May 30, 2018.
Every day from tomorrow till the release of the trailer, posters unveiling different characters of the film will be released. We are all set to watch the magic unveil, what about you?
Sanju will hit the theatres on June 29, 2018.
MUMBAU: Sparks flew between Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh on the sets of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Goliyon Ki Rasleela: Ram Leela. The film had come in 2013 and five years down the line rumours are rife that the couple is ready to get married this year.
Both Ranveer and Deepika have openly admitted in different interviews that marriage is on the cards and is definitely a priority for both of them and thus it is only adding fuel to the fire. After many speculations, the latest reports suggest that the stunning couple has finally zeroed down on a date. They will apparently get married on November 19, 2018.
It is also being said that parents of both Ranveer and Deepika have started their preparations for the big day and we wonder when the couple will come out with an official confirmation. Ranveer and Deepika, we are waiting!
MUMBAI: Priyadarshan had directed the iconic comedy movie Hera Pheri, while Neeraj Vora directed the second part of the film. Neeraj was all set to direct the third part of the franchise as well and had even finalized the script but the directed succumbed to an illness earlier this year.
However, latest reports suggest that Hera Pheri 3 is ready to be made now and will go on floors in December this year. Indra Kumar will now be directing Hera Pheri 3.
He is the same person who directed Total Dhamaal that was a comic joyride for the audience. Hera Pheri 3 will have the same cast as the first part of the film, with Akshay Kumar, Suniel Shetty and Paresh Rawal reuniting for the project.
A source close to the film gave further insights to a leading daily saying that, “The project was locked last month after the three actors gave their dates. It will be shot in a start-to-finish schedule between December 2018 and February 2019 and will release in the second half of next year.
LOS ANGELES: Hollywood movie star Morgan Freeman apologized Thursday over reports that multiple women accused him of sexual misconduct.
Sixteen people — eight of whom say they were victims — described to media a variety of troubling behavior on production sets or on promotional tours over Morgan´s career.
“Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy,” Freeman said in a statement.
“I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent.”
The cable television network quoted a young production assistant who says Morgan harassed her over a period of months in the summer of 2015, while she was working on his bank heist comedy “Going in Style.”
She accuses Freeman of touching her repeatedly, resting his hand without permission, and frequently making comments about her appearance.
Actor Alan Arkin “made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn´t know what to say,” a woman said.
Freeman is the latest in a litany of Hollywood celebrities and other high-profile public figures accused of sexual misconduct since revelations about alleged serial abuser Harvey Weinstein sparked the #MeToo movement last year.
NEW YORK: Stephen King’s “It: Chapter Two”, has found another actor to play the adult version of the member of the Loser’s Club.
According to reports in Variety, actor Jay Ryan has been cast as the adult version of Ben Hanscom, previously played by actor Jeremy Ray Taylor.
Ryan joins the ranks of Andy Bean and James Ransone who will play Stanley Uris and Eddie Kaspbrak respectively.
Earlier it was announced, James McAvoy was in talks for the role of Bill Denbrough, who was played by Jaeden Lieberher in the first installment, while Bill Hader was in talks for the role of Richie Tozier, which was played by Finn Wolfhard previously.
Jessica Chastain has already signed on to play the role of Beverly Marsh.
Meanwhile, Bill Skarsgard will reprise his role as Pennywise from the first movie.
“Chapter One” of “It” followed the first half of Stephen King’s novel, telling the story of a group of children who are terrorized by Pennywise the Clown and forced to face their own demons to defeat him.
“Chapter Two” will follow the last half of the novel, when the characters return to their hometown years later as adults to face Pennywise once again.
Andy Muschietti and Gary Dauberman are back as director and screenwriter, while Barbara Muschietti, Dan Lin and Roy Lee will be producing the film.
“Chapter Two” is scheduled to begin production in July and is set to be released in theatres by Warner Bros on September 6, 2019.