Afghanistan

Death toll rises to over 50

Written by The Frontier Post

KABUL (TOLOnews): The death toll in multiple blasts outside a girls’ school in Kabul on Saturday afternoon rose to over 50, the Ministry of Interior said on Sunday, adding that more than 100 others were wounded in the incident.

The incident started with a car bomb explosion outside Sayed -ul- Shuhada High School in west of Kabul on Saturday afternoon and was followed by two rocket attacks as sources explained.

The Ministry of Interior says three blasts happened near the school: a car bomb attack and two IED blasts that were planted in the area.

The death toll in the blasts might increase, Tariq Arian, a spokesman for the Interior Ministry, said on Sunday.

No group or individual have so far claimed responsibility for the blasts while the Taliban denied involvement in the attack by condemning it in a tweet. The incident happened when students were leaving the school.

“A car bomb blast happened first, and then two more explosions occurred near the girls school in Kabul,” said Ibrahim, a schoolteacher. He added that the majority of victims are girls.

The attack was condemned by the Afghan government and some diplomatic missions in Kabul as an act of terror.

About the author

The Frontier Post

Leave a Reply