Decomposed body of missing child recovered from a cave in Lower Dir

F.P. Report

TIMERGARA:  The recovery of a decomposed body of a seven year old child from an orange orchard at Kadh village in the jurisdiction of Haya Serai police station in Lower Dir on Saturday sparked widespread panic and anger in the district. Social and political activists demanded of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa inspector general of police Salah ud Din Mehsud to initiate a high level inquiry to properly investigate the case.

The child identified as Zaid son of Rahimullah of the Kadh village had been missing since Dec, 25, 2017 and the Haya Serai police station had registered the case.

Someone informed the ‘imam’ of a local mosque through a short letter about the presence of the dead body in a cave of the orange garden owned by one Muhammad Nawaz. The ‘imam’ informed local police who recovered the decomposed body which was identified through the shoes. The body was totally decayed and could not be identified. The parents identified the shoes worn by the missing child.

An official of the Lower Dir police said the samples from the body had been sent for DNA test that would further confirm the case.

The news spread like a fire in the forest and people from nearby areas thronged the house of the victim.

The MNA from Lower Dir Sahibzada Yaqub Khan, district nazim Muhammad Rasool Khan, police officers and other activists visited the house of Rahimullah, father of the child and expressed sympathy with the family. The Lawmaker said the IGP Khyber Pakhtunkhwa should take notice of this cruelty and initiate a high level inquiry to probe into the case. He termed the incident as inhuman and immoral and said the killers deserved severe punishment.

The JI youth district organization also held an emergency meeting at Timergara and said the incident was a black scar on the face of KP model police which failed tracing the missing boy in two months.

Social and political activists from different parties also expressed grave concern and anger on the incident and blamed the Lower Dir police for its failure to trace the missing child in more than two months. They demanded of the concerned authorities to arrest the perpetrators involved as soon as possible and give them exemplary punishment.