Categories: Pakistan

Deployment of anti-terror squad in Islamabad sought

ISLAMABAD (INP): Islamabad Police chief on Thursday wrote a letter to Ministry of Interior Affairs seeking deployment of Quick Response Force (QRF) in the federal capital to cope with the armed mob hidden among participants of long march.
In a letter written to the Ministry of Interior Affairs, Islamabad Inspector General of Police sought approval for deployment of Quick Response Force and Anti-Terrorism Squad to ensure law and order in the city. The police chief of the federal capital also sought permission to deploy armed personnel in the city.
It is pertinent to mention here that the decision has been taken in the wake of leaked audio calls of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leaders Ali Ameen Gandapur and Kamran Bangash. On the other hand, officers and personnel of Islamabad Police are in swear stress due to extended job hours, ban over applying for leave and request for transfer to other cities.
On the condition of anonymity, a police officer told that orders have been passed that no leave should be granted to anyone in any case, adding that even the medical report will not be accepted for availing leave. Meanwhile, Jhelum police arrested seven suspects during a search operation that was conducted in different areas and hotels in view of the long march of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
According to the police, sophisticated weapons and drugs had been recovered from the accused. Police, Elite Force, Special Branch and other law enforcement agencies participated in the search operation. The operation was conducted in hotels and residential places adjacent to the GT Road and in different areas of the city.
The Islamabad administration requested Capital Development Authority (CDA) to grant ten ambulances for any mishap or emergency situation ahead of PTI’s long march. The district administration has sped up the preparations to deal with any emergency situation in the PTI long march. As per details, the district magistrate requested five fire brigade vehicles in addition to ten ambulances in a letter to CDA Disaster Management.

The Frontier Post

Recent Posts

UK-Germany-France triumvirate returning to prominence

Andrew Hammond French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Friedrich Merz and Polish Prime Minister Donald…

3 hours ago

How to use AI without losing our minds

Ngaire Woods The recent launches of Gemini Deep Think and GPT-5 have highlighted the rapid…

3 hours ago

Govt keeps petrol price unchanged, slashes diesel’s by Rs3 per litre

F.P. Report ISLAMABAD: Pakistan government on Sunday kept the petrol price unchanged for the next…

4 hours ago

Trump says he plans unconstitutional executive order to mandate ID for voters

WASHINGTON: Donald Trump has said he will issue an executive order to mandate identification for…

4 hours ago

Dominik Szoboszlai’s wonder strike sinks Arsenal and sends Liverpool top

LONDON : If Liverpool are to successfully defend their Premier League title, they will look…

4 hours ago

Govt announces closure of Utility Stores Corporation

F.P. Report ISLAMABAD : Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Dr. Tariq Fazal Chaudhary Sunday announced…

4 hours ago

This website uses cookies.