Eight security personnel among 23 killed
FAIZABAD: At least 25 militants, including four foreign fighters, and eight security personnel have been killed during an ongoing clash in northeastern Badakhshan province, an official said on Monday.
Nek Mohammad Nazari, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the insurgents have been conducting coordinated attacks on Zibak district for the past three days.
In the ongoing clash, he said, 25 Taliban, including four foriegners, and eight security officials had been killed so far, he said. At least 28 fighters and 11 security forces have been wounded.
Some villages of the district had been retaken from the Taliban, the governor’s spokesman said. Taliban have not yet commented on the clash.