BRUSSELS (Reuters): The European Union will suspend its two packages of countermeasures to U.S. tariffs for six months following a deal with U.S. President Donald Trump, a Commission spokesperson said on Monday.
The EU-U.S. agreement leaves many questions open, including tariff rates on spirits, and Trump’s executive order last week setting tariffs on most EU goods at 15% did not include carve-outs such as for cars and car parts.
EU officials have said they expect more executive orders to follow soon.
“The EU continues to work with the U.S. to finalise a Joint Statement, as agreed on 27 July,” the spokesperson said in a statement.
“With these objectives in mind, the Commission will take the necessary steps to suspend by 6 months the EU’s countermeasures against the US, which were due to enter into force on 7 August.”
The retaliatory tariffs are in two parts: one in response to U.S. steel and aluminium duties, and the other to Trump’s baseline and car tariffs.
Andrew Hammond French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Friedrich Merz and Polish Prime Minister Donald…
Ngaire Woods The recent launches of Gemini Deep Think and GPT-5 have highlighted the rapid…
F.P. Report ISLAMABAD: Pakistan government on Sunday kept the petrol price unchanged for the next…
WASHINGTON: Donald Trump has said he will issue an executive order to mandate identification for…
LONDON : If Liverpool are to successfully defend their Premier League title, they will look…
F.P. Report ISLAMABAD : Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Dr. Tariq Fazal Chaudhary Sunday announced…
This website uses cookies.