ISLAMABAD: India has been caught behind conspiracy against ODI cricket series between Pakistan and New Zealand in Pakistan during recent days. Indian sponsored series of attempts had been exposed to the world by the Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain, along with Interior Minister, Shaikh Rasheed Ahmed during a news conference in Islamabad on Wednesday.
The information Minister said that although efforts to sabotage New Zealand team visit to Pakistan were being made since mid-August, however the threatening email was sent from Mumbai to New Zealand team through a newly created email address in the name of Hamzaafridi7899@gmail.com. Fawad categorically said that the threatening email was sent after 15 minutes of creation of the email address.
The email transcript stated as “Dear New Zealand Cricket, you did wrong to go to Pakistan and now see what will happen to you. Your cricket team is not going anywhere now. In every place, the bombs will be placed now, from the hotel to your flight. My men will not forgive you, they are coming to New Zealand. Pakistan Zindabad, Allah hu Akbar.”
Fawad said that the email was sent from Mumbai, India while using VPN to show Singapore as location of the server. The device was registered in the name of Om Prakash Mishra, a resident of Mumbai, India.
While digging into details, Fawad said that the probe has revealed that thirteen email IDs has been created against the device all with Indian and Hindi names except one of Hamza Afridi.
Fawad informed the media that Ministry of Interior had lodged FIRs against the case and approached the Interpol for getting help for further investigations into the case.
Fawad said that Pakistan is facing genuine threats of fifth generation and hybrid war and cancelation of ODI cricket series between Pakistan and New Zealand is a result of this anti-Pakistan campaign.
According to Fawad, the plot against Pakistan’s cricket was begun with a social media post in the name of TTP Commander and Spokesman Ehsan-Ul-Ehsan in mid-August, stating that New Zealand cricket team should not go to Pakistan because ISKP/Daesh would attack the team.
According to Fawad, an article was published in Indian Newspaper the Sunday Guardian two days later, 21 August, by Abhinandan Mishra, bureau chief of the paper. Mishra wrote similar thing in his article that New Zealand cricket team can be attacked in Pakistan.
Chaudhry Fawad said that Abhinandan Mishra has close links with anti-Pakistan former Afghan Intelligence Chief and former Vice President Amrullah Saleh.
While digging details Fawad further said that some days later a threatening email was sent to New Zealand cricket player Martin Guptill’s wife in the name of Tahreek-e-Labaik Pakistan.
He said that the email was having threatening message that Martin Guptill would be attacked during his upcoming Pakistan’s tour. According to Fawad, the email was created using proton mail, a secure email service to avoid detection by the investigators.
The Ministers was of the view that despite all these apparent threats, New Zealand team arrived in Pakistan for the series and went through practice matches in Rawalpindi cricket stadium.
While speaking to the occasion, Interior Minister Shaikh Rasheed Ahmed said that Pakistan has made a fool proof security arrangement for visiting team and large numbers of security troops along with two highly equipped helicopters were deployed for security purposes.
Shaikh was of the view that the number of security troops deployed by the Pakistani government were more than the number of New Zealand security apparatuses.
Shaikh said that Pakistan faces a challenge of hybrid war and will remain successful against its rivals.