Federal cabinet to review 8-point agenda
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan is currently chairing a meeting of the federal cabinet to review an 8-point agenda on Wednesday.
According to reports, the 8-point agenda included as follows:
1) Establishment of a task force to bring back money taken abroad illegally
2) Ministry of Human Rights will present recommendations for safeguarding human rights
3) Approval for the appointment of a deputy CEO of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA)
4) Green light for the appointment of chief commissioner for Afghan refugees
5) Ministry of Education’s task force will present its report
6) Approval for abolishing discretionary funds for federal ministries and divisions
7) Establishment of Pak-China joint research centre on Earth Sciences
8) Summary for extension in contract of NIPC chairman will be presented for approval
The federal cabinet in its second meeting on August 24, revised working hours in government institutions, abolished discretionary funds of the prime minister, federal ministers and members of the provincial assembly and imposed a ban on first-class air travel by the president, head of the government, chief justice, Senate chairman and NA speaker.