Categories: Technology

Greek defence minister says hit with Twitter cyberattack

ATHENS (AFP): The Twitter account of Greece’s defence minister on Sunday said it had been hit with a cyberattack that saw hundreds of followers blocked.

“We apologise to the followers of Defence Minister Nikos Panagiotopoulos,” his account said.

“No information or data was extracted” in the attack, it added.

No details were given on the source of the attack.

Google this week said Russian cyberattacks in NATO countries quadrupled last year compared to 2020.

The spike in attacks — which coincided with Moscow’s invasion of pro-Western Ukraine on February 24, 2022 — was a sign of how cyber warfare would become increasingly prevalent in future conflicts, the US tech giant said in a report.

The Frontier Post

Recent Posts

Uncertainty looms over launch of 5G services in country

(Web Desk): The future of 5G services in Pakistan has remained uncertain for the past…

3 minutes ago

Morocco tests floating solar panels to save water

TANGIER (AFP): Sun-baked Morocco, grappling with its worst drought in decades, has launched a pilot…

7 minutes ago

US would control Gaza, displace all its people under new plan: report

WASHINGTON (AFP): The entire population of Gaza would be relocated and the United States would…

10 minutes ago

Global economic crisis & climate change

Diamond-rich Botswana in Africa has run out of medical supplies in its public health system.…

55 minutes ago

SCO plays growing role in safeguarding peace: Xi

TIANJIN: President Xi Jinping said on Sunday that the Shanghai Cooperation Organization is shouldering greater…

1 hour ago

Von der Leyen says Europe has precise plans plan to send troops to Ukraine, Financial Times reports

(Reuters): Europe is drawing up "pretty precise plans" for a multinational troop deployment to Ukraine…

1 hour ago

This website uses cookies.