Gunman attack coalition forces
KABUL: An armed man attacked the coalition troops in Jalalabad city, capital of Nangarhar on Friday.
The Resolute Support media office in Kabul told AIP that a gunman opened fire on the coalition troops in Jalalabad Friday.
“We can confirm that an insurgent fired shots at coalition forces in Jalalabad,” the Resolute Support media office said. “Coalition forces returned fire in self-defense and killed the insurgent. No coalition forces were injured in the incident,” it added.
Officials in Nangarhar have not said anything in this regard so far. However, it is believed that a youth opened fire on the vehicles of foreign forces in Jalalabad city early Friday. The youth was killed when the foreign soldiers returned the fire.
According to people using social media, the foreign soldiers suffered casualties in the attack. Information about the youth is not available at the moment. Independent sources have not said anything about casualties to foreign forces in the incident so far.
It is pertinent to mention here that a US soldier was killed during a military operation in eastern Afghanistan. The accurate place of the incident could not be ascertained so far.