WASHINGTON (Reuters): Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant told US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Sunday that Iran was making preparations for a large-scale military attack on Israel, Axios reporter Barak Ravid said in a post on X, citing a source with knowledge of the call.
In a statement on Monday, Gallant’s ministry confirmed the call took place overnight. It said Gallant and Austin discussed operational and strategic coordination and the Israeli military’s readiness in the face of Iranian threats.
Austin has meanwhile ordered the deployment of a guided missile submarine to the Middle East. The US military had already said it would deploy additional fighter jets and Navy warships to the region to bolster Israeli defenses.
On Friday, an Iranian Revolutionary Guards deputy commander was quoted as saying by local news agencies that Iran was set to carry out an order by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to “harshly punish” Israel over the assassination on July 31 of the leader of Palestinian militant group Hamas in Tehran.
CAIRO/JERUSALEM (Reuters) : Israeli forces pounded the suburbs of Gaza City overnight from the air…
JAKARTA: Indonesian President Prabowo Subianto says political parties have agreed to revoke a number of…
CAIRO (AP): A passenger train derailed Saturday in western Egypt, killing at least three people…
SYDNEY (Reuters): Thousands of Australians joined anti-immigration rallies across the country on Sunday that the…
DHAKA (AFP): Sexual harassment remains the most pressing concern for Rohingya women and adolescents living…
LONDON (Reuters): The Archbishop of York, Stephen Cottrell, has criticized the leader of Britain’s populist…
This website uses cookies.