LAHORE: Responding to Indian COAS Bipin Rawat’s threatening statement, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president Mian Shehbaz Sharif on Saturday said that the “bellicose and irresponsible statement” only exposes the Indian designs to the world.
In a tweet on his official Twitter account, the PML-N president termed the Indian army chief’s statement “irresponsible” called upon the world to “immediately take note of New Delhi’s threatening posture”.
“Pakistan extending an olive branch to India, should never be misconstrued as weakness,” wrote Shehbaz Sharif.
The former Punjab chief minister warned India by saying that Pakistan’s unwavering patriotic soldiers stand steadfast to “defend with might and fury against unprovoked aggression”.
“The nation stands united with their intrepid military and against the cowardly threats,” said Shehbaz Sharif.
It is pertinent to note here that Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat earlier today said that India needs to take stern action against Pakistan.
Talking to media persons, General Rawat had added that “India will have to respond to Pakistan in their own language without resorting to barbarism”.
New Delhi on Friday also called off a meeting between the Pakistani and Indian foreign ministers on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), just a day after confirming the development.
India’s Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar had cited “unclean intentions” on Pakistan’s side for the development.
Earlier this month, Indian PM Narendra Modi, in a communique to Prime Minister Imran Khan, had stated that he seeks “meaningful and constructive” engagement between the two neighbours.
In reciprocation, PM Khan had written to the Indian premier, officially extending the offer to resume peace talks.