No official Iftar party to be organized by Sindh Govt

No official Iftar party to be organized by Sindh Govt

F.P. Report

KARACHI: Sindh Minister for Information, Local Government, Housing &Town Planning, Religious Affairs, Forest and Wildlife Syed Nasir Hussain Shah has said that no official Iftar party will be held during Ramazan due to coronavirus outbreak. He said that the Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah had also confirmed that the no Iftar party would be held at official level this year, said a statement on Friday.

Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that the Sindh government was requesting the Ulema to close the mosques and ask the people to offer prayers at home during this Ramazan as a precautionary measure. Because the medical experts believed that there was a high risk of spreading of the coronavirus wherever there was a gathering, therefore, ulema were repeatedly being requested by the Sindh government to take precautionary measures and ask the people to offer prayers at home.

Referring to the issues of business community, Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that a very detailed meeting had been held with the representatives of the traders, adding that, standard operating procedures regarding their businesses were being finalized and a notification would be issued soon in this regard. The provincial Information Minister said that Sindh government was well aware of the problems and difficulties of the people of the business community, but in difficult situations the government had to make extraordinary difficult decisions. Syed Nasir Hussain Shah said that the next 15 days were very important regarding the possible spread of coronavirus, adding that, all of us had to be extremely careful in these 15 days.

Posted in