Categories: Pakistan

PML-Q, MQM standing with govt: Rashid

F.P. Report

LAHORE: Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid Ahmad Saturday said the allied parties including PML-Q and the MQM were standing with the PTI government.

Addressing a press conference here at the Railways Headquarters, he said Prime Minister Imran Khan was seriously working against price hike which was discussed in every meeting of the cabinet.

He said the PML-N and the PPP had lost their presence in politics. He said that PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif would not return while Marryam will not go abroad whereas only Shehbaz Sharif would come and do politics in the country.

To a question, he said the Benazir Income Support (BISP) was not being closed and all other new welfare programmes were part of the BISP. To another question, he said Kashmir Issue was alive and Kashmiris would continue their struggle for freedom.

He said that Pakistan Railways was going to make its modern schools and hospitals and these institutions would be considered among the top public sector institutions in future. To a question , he said that under the orders of the Supreme Court, railways could not sale its land and it could not be leased for more than five years.

The minister said a three-member committee had been constituted to implement the directions suggested in the investigation report regarding the Tezgam Train incident. He said that a new shuttle train between Gujranwala and Lahore would be inaugurated on February 15.

He also stated that dry ports at Chishtian, Kundian, Jia Baga and Sheikhupura would be upgraded and capacity of these ports would be enhanced. He said that railways had declared 2020 as the year of freight and land.

He said rakes of four trains would be replaced with 75 Chinese upgraded coaches, adding that the railways also wanted to utilise 300 damaged freight wagons after repair and study on the project was under way.

The minister said restoration of the Karachi Circular Railways (KCR) in 15 days on the orders of the Supreme Court was a hard task as area of six kilometers was difficult to evacuate from land grabbers, however, it was possible only with the help of the Sindh government.

The Frontier Post

Recent Posts

Israel pounds Gaza City suburbs, Netanyahu to convene security cabinet

CAIRO/JERUSALEM (Reuters) : Israeli forces pounded the suburbs of Gaza City overnight from the air…

4 minutes ago

Indonesian president says lawmakers’ perks to be cut after deadly protests

JAKARTA: Indonesian President Prabowo Subianto says political parties have agreed to revoke a number of…

5 minutes ago

Passenger train derails in Egypt, killing at least 3 and injuring 94

CAIRO (AP): A passenger train derailed Saturday in western Egypt, killing at least three people…

9 minutes ago

Thousands in Australia march against immigration, government condemns rally

SYDNEY (Reuters): Thousands of Australians joined anti-immigration rallies across the country on Sunday that the…

9 minutes ago

Sexual harassment rampant in Rohingya camps: study

DHAKA (AFP): Sexual harassment remains the most pressing concern for Rohingya women and adolescents living…

9 minutes ago

Archbishop criticizes Reform’s Farage over ‘knee-jerk’ UK asylum plans

LONDON (Reuters): The Archbishop of York, Stephen Cottrell, has criticized the leader of Britain’s populist…

13 minutes ago

This website uses cookies.