Categories: Technology

Video-sharing app Vine is returning ‘in AI form’, Musk says

(Reuters): Elon Musk’s social media company X is bringing back popular video-sharing platform Vine in “AI form”, the billionaire tech-entrepreneur said on Thursday, almost nine years after the app was discontinued.

Musk made the announcement in a post on X, formerly Twitter, but did not provide further details. X did not immediately respond to a Reuters request seeking more information on the reboot.

The Tesla (TSLA.O), CEO has previously hinted at reviving Vine multiple times since he acquired Twitter in 2022, including posting public polls on X about bringing back the short-form video app that was popular in the 2010s.

Twitter introduced Vine in January 2013, allowing users to share small snippets of video that were six seconds or less, with the app quickly gaining popularity among video bloggers and attracting millions of followers. In late 2016, Twitter announced it would discontinue the app.

The six-second long video format could work favorably for AI-generated content, as most AI video generation tools available currently typically generate short-form content, while longer video clips come with increased costs.

The Frontier Post

Recent Posts

UK-Germany-France triumvirate returning to prominence

Andrew Hammond French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Friedrich Merz and Polish Prime Minister Donald…

3 hours ago

How to use AI without losing our minds

Ngaire Woods The recent launches of Gemini Deep Think and GPT-5 have highlighted the rapid…

3 hours ago

Govt keeps petrol price unchanged, slashes diesel’s by Rs3 per litre

F.P. Report ISLAMABAD: Pakistan government on Sunday kept the petrol price unchanged for the next…

3 hours ago

Trump says he plans unconstitutional executive order to mandate ID for voters

WASHINGTON: Donald Trump has said he will issue an executive order to mandate identification for…

3 hours ago

Dominik Szoboszlai’s wonder strike sinks Arsenal and sends Liverpool top

LONDON : If Liverpool are to successfully defend their Premier League title, they will look…

3 hours ago

Govt announces closure of Utility Stores Corporation

F.P. Report ISLAMABAD : Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Dr. Tariq Fazal Chaudhary Sunday announced…

3 hours ago

This website uses cookies.