Posted on

Teenage maid found hanged in Karachi bungalow was killed: report

Naimat Khan

KARACHI: A four member medical board, after examining body of the 17-year maid found dead in DHA Bungalow last week, declared on Tuesday that she was murdered.

Talking to media persons after the medical examination of teenage Fatima daughter of Abdul Haq, Senior Medico-Legal Officer (MLO) Civil Hospital Dr Qarar Abbasi disclosed that the maid had not committed suicide instead she has been killed.

According to medical team, comprising Abbasi, Professor Farhat Mirza, Police Surgeon Ijaz Khokar and Dr Sumayya Syed ─ it has found torture marks on face, lips and chest of the girl.

Abbasi expressed his annoyance over the police investigators and directed IO to reexamine the place of incident.

According to Investigation Officer when he reached the spot the dead body was brought to ground floor whereas a Dopata hanging from a ceiling fan was shown to him in a room at second floor.

Father of a teenage maid, who was found dead in a house in Defence Housing Authority upper class neighborhood of the metropolis on Saturday, claimed that his daughter couldn’t commit suicide as claimed by the employer.

In formal application he submitted with Gizri police station father of the deceased teen, Abdul Haq, said his daughter couldn’t committee suicide. No formal FIR was, however, registered till filing of this report. Gizri police station officer, Abdul Latif told that the father, in his formal statement to the police, had not leveled any allegations against the employers.

Earlier, the investigating officer from the Gizri police station said that the employers claim the domestic help had committed suicide.

The police also said that the employers, Syed Hassan Mazhar, and his wife, said they found Fatima hanging from a fan in her room.

The mother also said that Fatima had called her uncle and asked to talk to her mother last night However; he was unable to answer the call. Themaid’s family lives in Korangi while she would stay at her employer’s residence.

According to Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Clifton Dr Asad Malhi the deceased had been living on the first floor of the house while her employers, a couple, resided on the ground floor.

She did not turn up in the morning to the lower floor as per her routine, and one of her employers found her hanging by a ceiling fan her room.

Her corpse was shifted to the Jinnah Post-Graduate Medical Centre for a post-mortem examination.

According to police it appeared to be a suicide case.

The owner of the property, Syed Hasan Mazhar, said in his statement that the girl generally tended to wake up at around 11:30am. He said they had installed a bell on the first floor of the house where she lived and she tended to wake up with the bell.

Mazhar, who works at a cement factory located on Super Highway, said that he had been getting late for work on Saturday and had left home in his car in a hurry. He had travelled only a short distance when he received a phone call from his wife saying that she had gone to the first floor of the house and found the girl hanging from the ceiling fan.

The owner said he returned home, informed police about the incident and shifted the body to the JPMC for a post-mortem examination.

According Doctors the incident seems to a suicide as there were no apparent injury marks on the girl’s body. However, the doctor had reserved the cause of death pending the chemical examiner’s report.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *