Firemen fighting to contain fire at building in Umarkot

F.P. Report

UMARKOT: Fire erupted at a three-storied building in Umarkot city of Sindh, citing rescue sources.

Fire brigade personnel rushed to the city’s Solangi Mohalla after informed about raging blaze at a residential building in the neighborhood, rescue sources said.

All residents of the building have been removed from the building to safety, emergency agencies personnel said.

The fire erupted due to electric short circuit in a shop at the ground floor of the building, officials said.

The blaze started from the shop and engulfed the entire building premises, rescuers said.

According to sources, explosive material of fireworks was also present in the building, which has added intensity to the raging fire.

A residential building in Karachi’s Gulshan-e-Iqbal block 13-D caught fire on Feb 03 and the emergency services initiated rescue and relief efforts immediately.

Local police and Pakistan Rangers, Sindh and Fire Brigade reached the building to douse the fire and get the situation under control.

The rangers and the police saved the residents and relocated them to a safe location.

The fire started due to clothes hung to dry near a geyser, the clothes caught fire that eventually cause spread of the blaze.

Scarce investment in emergency services and lack of the government will to provide facilities to emergency services in Pakistan usually results in huge losses in fires and other emergency situations.