Stealing of crude oil case: PHC directs Secy Petroleum to appear before court

Humayun Khan

PESHAWAR: The two-member bench comprising of Chief Justice Peshawar High Court (PHC) Justice Qaiser Rashid and Justice Arshad directed Secretary Petroleum Division and Regional Director Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) appear before court on 2 February in case regarding stealing of crude oil.

The writ was filed by Mujahid Islam seeking to stop stealing of crude oil and to investigate matter by FIA, however, Mol Pakistan Oil and Gas Company is drilling for petroleum products since 1999.

The counsel for petitioner Mughazam Butt Advocate informed honorable court that Standing Committee on Petroleum of National Assembly directed petroleum division to provide record to FIA for inquiry but the concerned department did not provide the documents.

The counsel informed that Mol Oil and Gas Company has exercising all administrative powers however the company holds on 9% share while remaining 91% is national exchequer.

During hearing Chief Justice PHC Justice Qaiser Rashid remarked that petroleum is national exchequer the will constitute Joint Investigation Team (JIT) to probe the matter.

The FIA’s ooficial appeared before PHC and informed that petroleum division did not provided documents and record to proceed the inquiry regarding stealing of crude oil.

Additional Attorney General Asghar was appeared on behalf of federation before honorable court.

The two-member bench comprising of Chief Justice PHC Justice Qaiser Rashid and Syed Arshed Ali adjourned hearing and directed Secretary Petroleum division and Regional Director FIA to appear on next hearing fixed on 2 February 2021.