DJI Goggles for Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro
Compared to basic FPV glasses, the DJI Goggles comes with up to 1080P video resolution, Head Tracking, revolutionary OcuSync wireless transmission and lots of other top notch features. The DJI Goggles was specially designed for the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 series but, through HDMI, can be also used with other flying and not-flying gadgets.
While most of the racing FPV drones adopts open 5.8G video transmission, DJI opted to develop their own long-range wireless video transmission called OcuSync. Their low lag system offers excellent video quality (720p/60fps and even 1080p/30fps for proximity flights). Here are few down-link latency values (near field and free of radio interference):
- DJI Goggles with Mavic Pro: 110 ms;
- DJI Goggles with Inspire 2 and X5S camera: 140 ms
- DJI Goggles with Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced: 150 ms;
- DJI Goggles with Phantom 4: 167 ms;
- DJI Goggles with Inspire 2 and X4S camera: 190 ms.
Thanks to the built-in Gyroscope and Accelerometer sensors you are able to control the aircraft by your head movements. Note: the Head tracking features are not compatible with all the DJI drones.
As I previously mentioned, the DJI FPV Glasses are equipped with 1.4b HDMI interface which allows to use it with older Phantom series and other devices (like media players). In case of the Phantom 3 Advanced, you will need to additionally purchase a HDMI Output Module (sold for $100).
DJI Goggles features and specs
- Compatible with Mavic Pro, Phantom and Inspire series;
- Ergonomic design with built-in antennas;
- Ultra-high quality LCD screen (two 1280 x1440 sections);
- Intelligent light mode support;
- Immerse experience;
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer and Proximity sensors;
- Intelligent flight modes (Terrain Follow, ActiveTrack, TapFly, Cinematic Mode and Tripod Mode);
- DJI OcuSync wireless transmission system;
- 720p/60fps and close range 1080p/30fps video modes;
- 110 ms least latency;
- Micro USB input for Phantom 4 series and Inspire 2 to tracking functions and head tracking and firmware update;
- HDMI input for Phantom 3 (with HDMI Output module), 3rd party drones and medial players;
- Audio out for headphone;
- Up to 6 hours operation time.
According to the manufacturer’s specs, the built-in 9440mAh battery allows about 6 hours of continuous operation. Far enough to have couple of flights, even watch a full length movie 🙂
Now, DJI fans can found the FPV Goggles with 40% discount here (including free shipping). This limited time offer ends on 9/30/2107.
Included with the DJI Goggles
- Micro USB Cable;
- HDMI Cable;
- Wire Clip;
- Cleaning Cloth;
- Battery charger.